Sorry, there really isn’t much of a joke here. This is more of a truncated version of what Gamestop has really done. Here is the sequence of events:
– Gamestop makes a deal with Nintendo to be the only retailer to sell Xenoblade Chronicles in North America.
– It gets released in small quantities and sells out fast.
– Over the next year, the secondhand value jumps up.
– Gamestop says they have “procured” an abundance of used copies that are in new condition.
– Gamestop sells these “used” copies at the inflated price of $99.99 because that’s current market value. The value they drove up by releasing so few.
So, make of that what you will.
I may be one of only 3 people who played Flashback way back on the Genesis and SNES, but fortunately they are making a downloadable remake! If it maintains that same gameplay, we’re in good shape and it will be worth getting. Watching the trailer though, I see they went to Drake University to learn how to redesign the character.